Job Title: Executive Designer Department: Design
Reports to: Director of Design Effective Date: ASAP
The Collaborative Design Experience
Freedom Design + Build, Inc. is a diverse, fun team of creative, hardworking professionals & we pride ourselves on quality, craftmanship, knowledge & experience.
The Executive Designer at Freedom Design + Build, Inc. will guide clients through a collaborative design process to create custom designs that meet the client’s needs. They will see each project through from concept to construction by selecting and ordering materials and finishes, developing detailed construction and permit drawings, and working closely with the marketing, sales, and production departments.
Day to day:
- Conduct detailed site verification measures and meet with clients to determine initial goals and requirements for the space.
- Meet weekly to guide clients through creation of design and material selections.
- Research and source materials and gather quotes.
- Order materials and finishes.
- Prepare spreadsheets and presentations for fixtures and finishes.
- Create detailed construction and permit plans to include MEP, elevations, cross sections, framing, etc. using Chief Architect Premier.
- Communicate between other team members, vendors, and subcontractors on design details, estimates, structural design, material specifications, etc.
- Periodically meet on site to participate with trade walks, MEP rough-in checks, and cabinet and other finish installation.
- Collaborate with marketing team to coordinate open houses and photoshoots.
- Highly versed in Chief Architect Premier software.
- Understanding of interiors, additions, new builds, decks, screened porches, exteriors/landscapes.
- Knowledgeable on construction methodology and the construction process.
- Organization and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to solve problems that arise.
- Attention to detail.
- Personable and able to connect with teammates & clients.
- Exceptional working knowledge of cabinets, appliances, plumbing fixtures, and other home remodel fit/finish products.
- Team Player/Positive Attitude
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Self-sufficient to handle design from start to construction.
- Creative talent, imagination, and eye for design.
- Appreciation for various architectural design styles.
- Ability to coordinate finish materials for cohesive design.
- Proficient in the use of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines (basic professionalism)
Education and Experience:
- Personal portfolio work that demonstrates experience in the above noted skills.
- Associate Degree preferred
- Experience with Chief Architect is preferred
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Ability to perform site measures of interiors and exteriors.
- Collect material samples.
- Must be a resident of or willing to travel to & around the VA, DC, MD areas.
Benefits & Compensation:
Health insurance, vision & dental.
Financial compensation based upon experience.
To apply please send cover letter & resume to email@example.com